From the moment you drive onto the campus, we want to make you feel at home. You will be warmly welcomed by our parking and greeting team. Our guest services team will be near the enternce. They are there to answer any questions you have. You can check your kids in and drop them off in their fun and loving classrooms where they will hear a message that is specifically designed for their age group. Grab a cup of coffee and head into service, which we call our experience. Our contemporary experience will be 70 minutes from start to finish.
We strive to be creative, challenging, relevant and real in presenting the message to you.
Sit back and relax and enjoy a refreshing worship experience and a relevant message.
We have something for your children during all weekend experiences. We offer the best quality care in a safe and friendly enviroment. Check-in and let the kids enjoy an age appropriate, fun time while you are in service.
We have a warm, friendly atmosphere at Journey. You will see anything from casual wear to business. We want you to feel welcomed and comfortable.
We would love to have you watch our First Step video and then sign up for Next Step!
Pon 8:30a | 10:00a
I-12 9:30a | 11:15a
Online 9a | 11a
Dinner 6p | Worship 7p
We offer baptism by immersion in water several times throughout the year. For more information.
First Step is the place to start. Here you can learn who we are and what we believe. We also offer small groups that are in your area. Small groups are a great way to meet other people with the same interest. We have dozens of groups to help you grow in relationships and grow in your faith.
We believe no one should do life alone. Lets do life together!
We Believe the kingdom of God is built on relationships. We want to make it easy to connect with others. Our hope is that you will take the next step in your journey with us. Plan a visit this weekend and experience life with us. You will find Journey is a community of people who love God. We would love to meet you!
Doug and Rachel McAllister are the founders and lead pastors of Journey Fellowship Church. With their kids in tow they moved to Slidell in 1996 to plant what is now Journey Fellowship Church. Although they had little money and only a handful of people they planted the church that God had placed in their hearts. Pastor Doug is a creative communicator and has a gift of taking something complex and making it easy to understand as he speaks truth to people in ways they can apply to their everyday lives. Pastor Rachel is an innovative creative and powerful worship leader who leads our creative department as well as oversees all of the church's ministries.
Doug is an author and conference speaker. He has traveled to many nations, preaching the Good News and speaking at leadership conferences in the USA, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras, Indonesia, The Netherlands, Germany, China, Uganda, and the Philippines. He is also an Associate Trainer with John Maxwell's Equip Program.
In addition, Doug McAllister is a ministry coach, serving leaders from many different professions. Among his clients are pastors, business managers, medical professionals and government leaders.
Pastor Doug also serves as the visionary leader of Journey Leadership College. JLC's purpose is, "Training Up Leaders" for the local church: pastors, missionaries, teachers, and church planters. The goal is to help students gain practical hands-on ministry experience with an affordable, fully accredited education. JLC is a three year program that allows you to earn a Bachelors Degree in Biblical Studies while placing an emphasis in one of five degree concentrations: Biblical Studies, Church Planting, Global Missions, Pastoral Ministry and Youth Ministry.
More info: journeyleadershipcollege.com
In 2006 Doug McAllister, along with Journey, founded Compassion Outreach soon after Hurricane Katrina. The purpose of Compassion is to "Help Hurting People". Compassion Outreach has served thousands of families since the rebuilding of our community and continues to help hurting families on the North Shore and in New Orleans.
Pon Campus Pastor
Go Team Pastor
Belle Chasse Campus Pastor
Small Groups Pastor
Journey Preschool Director
Pastor Doug believes that the kingdom of God is built on relationships so he wanted to plant a church where people could grow in their relationship with God and each other. He believes in reaching this goal by being refreshing, relevant and real.
Journey held its first meeting in Spring of 1996 in a home living room with 17 people. That meeting quickly grew and they began looking for another place to meet. They rented a warehouse and held Journey’s first service Oct 6, 1996.
In the first year and half, the congregation grew over 100 and needed bigger facilities. The children and youth ministries also grew quickly and needed a bigger place.
In Journey's 2nd year, they rented a bigger building across town. The owner of the building was gracious and built to suit the needs giving them plenty of room for children and teens. It was a great God move, but quickly the place was filled and they started adding multiple services each weekend.
In Journey's 5th year, they were at capacity and began looking for a much larger place. Taking a risk, they went from 10,000 sq. ft. to a 30,000 sq. ft. shopping center. The task of remodeling was not an easy one, but necessary. They soon created an environment for the church community and they quickly grew to a church of 1300 members by 2005.
In 2005 they were not expecting hurricane Katrina. She met Journey with all her fury and with her visit everything was lost or damaged. The storm left 5 feet of water standing in the building. When the flood waters receded, the found sound equipment, lights, cameras, classrooms, and offices were lost. Pastor Doug and the staff began the clean up and held onto the dream God had placed in their hearts so many years before.
Journey began immediately to reach other hurting people by placing a relief center in the church parking lot. Convoy of Hope joined with Journey to hand out water, food, clothing and personal necessities.
Pastor Doug and the staff held weekend services in the church parking lot with no electricity, no cell service and no way to contact anyone. 70 members showed up, ready for church. We really counted our blessings that day.
Ready to Rebuild
Journey had purchased 140 acres one year before Katrina. The plan was to buy this land and begin building a Journey Campus in 5-7 years. Because of Katrina, the project date was moved up. Pastor took a team of believers to the 140 acres and prayed about Journey's next big step. Plans to build the new worship center were put into action. They broke ground on the land in 2006, the building was completed, and the doors opened March 16, 2008.
Journey is still constantly growing. It's not just a building and walls. Journey is a place where you and your children can grow up and families can grow together. It is our vision is to see 10,000 people come to the Lord. You can be a part of that with us!
Journey is a community of people led by Christ to bring help and hope to a hurting world.
It is the purpose of Journey Fellowship Church to help people become fully devoted followers of Christ.
Reach out to the World
Reach up to God
Reach in to discipleship
Reach over for relationship
Every person has a right to a presentation of the gospel at his or her own level understanding.
Every person needs a biblical moral compass to guide and protect him or her throughout life.
Every believer has a unique set of gifts to be discovered, developed and use to strengthen the church.
Every believer has a purpose in advancing the global mission of Christ and the Church.
1. WE BELIEVE...The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
2. WE BELIEVE...There is only One True God–revealed in three persons...Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
3. WE BELIEVE...In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God's son Jesus was both human and divine.
4. WE BELIEVE...though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
5. WE BELIEVE...Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through 'Salvation' (accepting Christ's offer of forgiveness for sin). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]
6. WE BELIEVE...and practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one's sins and receiving Christ's gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord's Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ's suffering and death for our salvation.
7. WE BELIEVE...the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]
8. WE BELIEVE... The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
9. WE BELIEVE...Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christ-like.
10. WE BELIEVE...The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe 'the Church' is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God's offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
11. WE BELIEVE...A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, and to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church.
12. WE BELIEVE...Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ's atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]
13. WE BELIEVE...in The Blessed Hope—When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]
14. WE BELIEVE...in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
15. WE BELIEVE...A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
16. WE BELIEVE...and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. 'And so shall we forever be with the Lord!'